FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to cut excess audio tracks in both source media and timeline?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stefan Hacker
How to cut excess audio tracks in both source media and timeline?
on Apr 24, 2014 at 7:40:50 pm

Hello, everyone!

I'm facing a problem with some media that was ingested with excess audio tracks. The standard procedure is to ingest 4 tracks but it was brought in with 8 tracks, where tracks 5 through 8 are all devoid of sound. Due to time constraints, we had to build a multiclip sequence using the 8-track media. Because of how FCP reconnects media, everything in the multiclip project needs to have access to the 8-track audio clips or else it will not recognize the media, even if the clip labeling and all specs are exactly the same.

What I'm wondering is if there is a way to change the correlation in FCP to match 4-track audio media, which would be fairly easy to do by re-ingesting and re-labeling the source clips after verifying that they are now only with 4 tracks instead of 8. Changing the master clip affiliation may not help either because my editor needs the ability to change in- and out-points on the clips and the ability to pull clips from the bin that have been changed to 4-track instead of 8.

Any help is appreciated!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]