FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sliding grid effect plug-in?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Townley
Sliding grid effect plug-in?
on Apr 17, 2014 at 1:13:49 pm

Hi there I was wondering if anyone knows of a plug-in for either FCP or After Effects which can help me pull off the effect used at 00:12 in this video - Know how to create it manually but hoping to use the effect throughout a minute long video and can be a bit fiddly and time consuming.

Cheers,

Alex

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Sliding grid effect plug-in?
on Apr 17, 2014 at 2:52:13 pm

Looks exactly like one of the canned Apple Motion 4 projects from Motionvfx.com. I am so sure because I bought that package myself for a gig, but it never got used. Found it: Motion 4 project 382.

Funny story (maybe) The reason it didn't get used was that the demo version I was showing the potential client came with a lot of stock winter outdoor footage in it, and they could not, for the life of them, imagine or visualize the same effect, but just with footage relevant to their own project, substituted in. These are the kind of people that require you to actually do a thing first, rather than describe it, because they just don't have the imagination to follow where you're leading. But they won't approve you going ahead with it... until you've gone ahead with it... see? :-P

Project 316 for Motion 4. is not quite the same, but close, as an alternative.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Sliding grid effect plug-in?
on Apr 17, 2014 at 8:32:07 pm

[Mark Suzko]: "... these are the kind of people that require you to actually do a thing first, rather than describe it, because they just don't have the imagination to follow where you're leading..."

Those are some scary people. Sadly, they are also very common. I know them from previous employment as "managers".

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]