FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lost some video filter effects

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yama Rose
Lost some video filter effects
on Apr 17, 2014 at 2:14:54 am

Dear Creative Cows,

I have searched high and low through the forums but have yet to find a solution. I am in the process of learning a FCP lesson woefully late, as I moved some video files around (and deleted what I thought were worthless others) a few weeks ago. I thought I was organizing things - little did I know. I have run into several problems since then.

The current issue is that some of my clips were edited with the Bad TV video filter. If I play the timeline everything is fine and the effect is shown. However, if I try to modify a clip it goes red and I get the message >Can't locate effect: Bad TV< When I tried to find the effect to just reapply it, I realized to my great horror and consternation that it is no longer there. I have no idea what I've done and if I've inadvertently deleted other effects in the meanwhile as well. How can I restore?

Thank you!
YR

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Lost some video filter effects
on Apr 17, 2014 at 2:56:19 pm

If you're lucky, you just moved it out of the folder where it was supposed to be. if you're unlucky, you'll have to re-load the FCS3 suite. First, go check if the effect is still there and working in Apple Motion.

Return to posts index

Yama Rose
on Apr 19, 2014 at 11:51:07 am

Dear Mark,

Thanks so much for your help.
I believe that I am unlucky. If I reinstall FCP will the effect return? Also, just to cross my ts, if I reinstall FCP, none of my video files/projects will suffer, correct?

Thanks,
YR

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 19, 2014 at 2:53:55 pm

No warranty should be inferred or implied: I make no guarantees. Be sure to save your fcp project files and your media to another drive first.

Return to posts index

Yama Rose
on May 1, 2014 at 4:52:59 pm

Hi again Mark,

Just wanted to confirm that after uninstalling and reinstalling the effects returned, with no file cannibalism. Thanks for your help.

YR

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on May 1, 2014 at 5:36:23 pm

Best news I've had so far today:-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]