FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7 occasionally losing AV sync under Mavericks - any fixes?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gareth Randall
FCP7 occasionally losing AV sync under Mavericks - any fixes?
on Apr 11, 2014 at 9:13:36 pm

I just upgraded from Mountain Lion to Mavericks in order to be able to use Motion 5 (the App Store won't allow you to buy it unless your machine is running 10.9.x). Before I upgraded, I did the necessarily Googling to confirm that FCP7 still worked okay under Mavericks.

Everything seemed OK after the upgrade, but for one problem - FCP7 now regularly loses AV sync on playback. On the plus side, it only happens perhaps 50% of the time, so if you start playback and you're out of sync, just stopping and restarting playback will fix it.

I'm not using any third-party cards or anything like that, my media (ProRes 422 and XDCAM HD422) is on a Thunderbolt hard drive connected directly to my iMac. If anyone has any ideas for a permanent fix (dropping back to Mountain Lion isn't really on the cards now), I'm all ears :)

Return to posts index

Ernie Santella
Re: FCP7 occasionally losing AV sync under Mavericks - any fixes?
on Apr 12, 2014 at 1:11:18 pm

I've read a few posts that FCP7 and Maverick is not good. I'm in the same boat, I have some software that wants Maverick but, I'm a "Get off my Lawn" guy and not leaving FCP7. So, my fix was get a 2nd computer just for Maverick and those programs. A little more work, but safer.

Ernie Santella
Santella Productions Inc.
http://www.santellaproductions.com

Return to posts index

Gareth Randall
Re: FCP7 occasionally losing AV sync under Mavericks - any fixes?
on Apr 13, 2014 at 8:59:15 am
Last Edited By Gareth Randall on Apr 13, 2014 at 8:59:50 am

And now it's working fine all the time. I think the problem may have been that I was using Soundflower in conjunction with AU Lab to apply EQ to the system audio output to compensate for the rather bassy headphones I have to use. With Soundflower off, AV sync is solid every time. I'll just have to get used to bassier audio :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]