FORUMS: list search recent posts

ProRes Proxy Conform

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Spragg
ProRes Proxy Conform
on Apr 11, 2014 at 10:23:46 am

Hello all! I'm working as DIT/assembly editor on a shoot using the Alexa, shooting at 2K coming in at 4:3. I've never worked with footage from an Alexa before, so I've been reading up on the workflow and the suggestion on Alexa white papers is to run the footage through Resolve to desqueeze and add the LUTs to get to the REC709 colour to create the editing dailies. The problem is the Mac I'm using isn't powerful enough to run Resolve at a usable speed.

If I put the footage into Final Cut 7, add a bit of a grade and distort to get everything looking right, then batch export to ProRes Proxy to work with, would that create any issues when it comes to the conforming? The Proxies have the same file names and timecode as the original files, and I'm making sure they have the same folder structure, so will it just be a case of making the project offline then reconnecting to the ProRes 4444 files? I've never done a conform like this before, and that seems like it would work, but I can't believe it would be that straightforward!

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I had a look and couldn't find anything, although a tutorial video seemed to suggest I was on the right lines. I just wanted to check because I don't want to cause problems down the line!

Cheers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]