FORUMS: list search recent posts

movie audio and extra audio :to detach and trash before exporting ?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carl Emerton
movie audio and extra audio :to detach and trash before exporting ?
on Apr 10, 2014 at 4:32:05 am

My query is this, If I have a project to exporting stage is it best to wind down the db's on the original clip so it is inaudible so it doesn't clash with supplementary audio or is it best to detach clip audio and send to trash before exporting ? Any help greatly appreciated, Carl.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: movie audio and extra audio :to detach and trash before exporting ?
on Apr 10, 2014 at 1:39:49 pm

Do you not need any audio from the clip you're about to export, or are you planning to have the original audio very low in the background, as this exported clip is used in another editing project somewhere?

If you don't want to export ANY audio, you could delete the audio track before rendering, or choose to export only the video. Exporting a muted track just takes up a little bit more space, but the muting can't be undone later if that suddenly and unexpectedly becomes necessary. Since the next person to work with the exported project will have the ability to fine-tune audio, perhaps you should just leave it full on as-is for your export, if there is ANY chance the audio will be used later in some capacity.

Return to posts index

Carl Emerton
Re: movie audio and extra audio :to detach and trash before exporting ?
on Apr 11, 2014 at 1:26:58 am

Thanks for the succinct reply Mark. You confirmed my suspicions. I was mainly thinking in terms of space taken up etc. Great help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]