FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fixing stupid mistake - Applying notes/clip names to clips already in timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charlie Patton
Fixing stupid mistake - Applying notes/clip names to clips already in timeline
on Apr 9, 2014 at 2:37:45 pm

So I have been working on a long project with tons and tons of clips. When it started I didn't realize how long it was going to be or how many clips I would be using, and I didn't apply keywords, names, notes, or any other organizing information. Lesson learned, I will do this in the future!

For the time being, is there anything I can do to apply sortable attributes (name, notes, role) from parent clips in the LIBRARY to child clips in the TIMELINE? For example, Clip A is 20 minutes long (interview), and I have used parts of that clip at various places in the timeline. I want to be able to apply some sortable information to the entire 20-minute clip A so that I can find any of the pieces of that clip in the timeline index. Is this possible or do I have to go through the timeline and apply these sortable settings to each clip?

I did try adding notes, changing the name, and assigning roles from the library, but they do not apply to the clips already in the timeline. I suppose this is expected behavior, and I can see why it would not work this way, but I would certainly prefer it to work this way (I think!).

Return to posts index

Roger Poole
Re: Fixing stupid mistake - Applying notes/clip names to clips already in timeline
on Apr 9, 2014 at 7:34:01 pm

As this is the FCP forum and not the FCPX forum I assume you are working with FCP7. In the browser right click on the interview clip and go to label, choose a color, purple is hinted for interviews. Once you choose a color all the segments of that master clip will have that color in the timeline regardless of placement. Choose different colors for the other master clips, it's then easy to see which is which in the timeline.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]