FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unhide directories and files within apparently corrupted XDCAM folder structure to allow log and transfer to proceed

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimmy See
Unhide directories and files within apparently corrupted XDCAM folder structure to allow log and transfer to proceed
on Mar 31, 2014 at 2:29:32 am

I'm attempting to take access and transcode some XDCAM media from a copy of an XDCAM card structure. Unfortunately though, something appears to have gone very wrong during the recording stages as the card structure is 28 gigabytes in size, yet the CLIPR directory where the media would usually be present is supposedly empty.

Switching on 'showhiddenfiles' in terminal reveals that there is indeed ordinary XDCAM media present within the CLIPR directory as expected, however it is hidden. Most likely there's a corruption and probably on the last file to be recorded but that shouldn't necessarily mean I can't use what was recorded before.

Trouble is, I can't use Final Cut Pro 7's log and transfer XDCAM plugin that allows one to view and transcode XDCAM AVC files in an appropriate XDCAM folder structure, because although it will attempt to mount the card and indeed in the absence of an error message appears to do so successfully, it seems to believe the card is empty.

My hope is that if I can change the attributes of the directories and files within the CLIPR directory so they're no longer considered 'hidden', I might be able to access them using Final Cut Pro as normal.

Does anyone know how I can change the status of 'hidden' files in Mac OS X mavericks, such that they are no longer considered 'hidden'? To be clear, I'm not requesting assistance on how to view hidden files, as I've already done this to be able to see them in the first place, but how to change it so that they aren't considered 'hidden' in the first place.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]