FORUMS: list search recent posts

Automatically adding a video crossfade when I want to apply only an audio crossfade

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Coulson
Automatically adding a video crossfade when I want to apply only an audio crossfade
on Mar 26, 2014 at 12:22:51 pm

Final Cut Pro 7
Is there any way to dissable the feature in FCP when you want to add an audio crossfade but it automatically adds a video dissolve (crossfade) at the same time? It's annoying as I have to first lock the video track to prevent the additional of the dissolve

Return to posts index

John Hudson
Re: Automatically adding a video crossfade when I want to apply only an audio crossfade
on Mar 26, 2014 at 1:09:26 pm

Steve,

I can think of 2 options.

1. Turn off "Linked Selection" in your timeline. This way it will only select the audio or video edit point you select.

2. Hold down the option key (mac) when select the audio edit point. This essentially does the same thing as above but when you let go of the option key it will return to the "Linked Selection" turned on.

Return to posts index

Steve Coulson
Re: Automatically adding a video crossfade when I want to apply only an audio crossfade
on Mar 26, 2014 at 3:50:17 pm

Hey John: Thanks for the quick reply and the good tips. I like the option of the Option key as it doesn't require a mouse click. Thanks again.

Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]