FORUMS: list search recent posts

What OS X are you using with FCP 7?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chuck Purnell
What OS X are you using with FCP 7?
on Mar 25, 2014 at 4:43:45 pm

I want to upgrade my iMac from Snow Leopard to a newer OS X but I want to still use FCP 7. I have read where one person is using FCP 7 successfully with Maverick but that is just one person and was just curious to see what everyone else is using.

Also I have an older model Macbook Pro (2006) that needs to be updated as well. It still has Leopard on it. What are my options in terms of upgrading and still being able to use FCP 7?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: What OS X are you using with FCP 7?
on Mar 25, 2014 at 4:49:11 pm

Older machines really should use older OS versions...typically the ones released when they came out...or maybe up to ones released two years after they were made. I would recommend NOT running Mavericks on that...not even Mountain Lion. Snow Leopard is as high as I'd go...MAYBE Lion. But I really recommend Snow Leopard. And FCP 7 works great under Snow Leopard.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 26, 2014 at 5:19:28 pm

If you're resolved to continue using FCP 7 -- and old editing application -- and you require FCP to contine to perform as it always has, I would say the following:

Congratulations! You now have two legacy machines! Need something newer? Get a new machine.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Nick Price
on Mar 31, 2014 at 9:30:52 am

Hi Chuck,
i am using OS 10.8.4 (mountain lion) on a Mac Pro, and FCP7 works fine. It will depend on your machine though. Obviously do a backup and clean install. There will come a point where the app store wont let you install the latest OS. My macpro at home is on Lion, but it wont let me put Maverick on it.

thanks
nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]