FORUMS: list search recent posts

Another F55 XAVC into FCP7 thread...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Johan Windh
Another F55 XAVC into FCP7 thread...
on Mar 24, 2014 at 9:09:14 am

Hi peeps.

Working on establishing a work flow for F55 (XAVC) material on our FCP7.0.3 system.

I've tried following the steps in this popular blogpost: http://blog.abelcine.com/2013/04/05/how-to-import-f5f55-footage-in-fcp-avid...

But I'm still stuck. The blog says that XAVC-stuff could be directly imported into FCP. However, when I try this I just get a red warning saying: "File Error: 1 file(s) recognized, 0 access,denied, 1 unknown."

I've installed the trial version of CalibrateQ to be able to preview MXF files in Finder.

Are there any other codecs out there that I need in order to succeed. (And YES, this is probably the last season we use FCP7.)

Kind Regards,

Johan

Return to posts index

Johan Windh
Re: Another F55 XAVC into FCP7 thread...
on Mar 24, 2014 at 1:05:31 pm

Found the solution here: http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/download/software_for_sony_equipment

Downloaded the PDKZ-LT2 (oldest) package and installed. Now I can import the .MXF files into FCP.

Kind Regards,

Johan

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
on Mar 26, 2014 at 4:18:30 pm

I had the same problem, even bought a software, that was supposed to be able to help.
But it just helped to view the footage, but importing was still a drama.
So, finally I went to do the project in FCPX sine it can deal with it natively.
i am a big lover of FCP 7 and still have to finish a feature in it,
but honestly, it's a dead App, therefore the support of newer cameras and codecs does not exist anymore.
Same problem with the support of the C100 and C300 ingestion: Only works in MacOS 10.6.8. in 10.8. they gave up on it and you cannot ingest into FCP 7 anymore.

Greetings,

Sascha Engel
TIME BANDITZ Productions
http://www.youtube.com/taikang

Return to posts index

chris gu
on Jan 26, 2015 at 11:17:28 am

To enable users to have smooth XAVC to FCP workflow, Sony has introduced XAVC Plug-in for Apple (PDZK-LT2), which provides support for XAVC files shot on Sony SxS card, allowing viewing and editing capability in Final Cut Pro X. Whereas, the previous version of FCP 7 is still not compatible with XAVC files. The easy workaround to import XAVC to FCP 7 is to change (4K) XAVC clips into FCP 7 compatible Apple ProRes, which is a line of intermediate codecs. They are intended for use during video editing.

Return to posts index

Jane Kong
on Jan 28, 2015 at 9:22:02 am
Last Edited By Jane Kong on Jan 28, 2015 at 9:26:02 am

good to knwo that , first, you can update your FCP 7 into FCP X, Apple said FCP X can handle XAVC (MXF). But I have tried many different ways to load them into FCP X. Still stuck on the first step. I found a blog which refers to such steps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]