FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP Sequence started at 23.98, but needs to be 29.97 - Wizardry required?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Henry
FCP Sequence started at 23.98, but needs to be 29.97 - Wizardry required?
on Mar 20, 2014 at 1:42:44 pm

I have an 8 minute sequence, that was inexplicably started as 23.98 when it needs to be 29.97.
After searching the web, I haven't found a way to simply make the 23.98 sequence into a 29.97 sequence. I tried exporting an XML, taking that into Premiere, changing the framerate, exporting and reimporting to FCP, but that didn't work...I think the sequence is too complicated.
The simple "copy-and-paste-into-new-29.97-sequence" didn't work either. The pasted sequence's media is all over the place.
I would really appreciate any help on this matter, short of tracking down Gandalf the White, and begging for his help.
Cheers

Return to posts index

Matt Doe
Re: FCP Sequence started at 23.98, but needs to be 29.97 - Wizardry required?
on Mar 20, 2014 at 2:54:30 pm

The only way I know to fix that is to copy and paste from the 23.98 sequence into a new 29.97 sequence.

Yes, the edits/clips will be out of whack, but you'll just have to go through and adjust the edits to get it back to how you intended.

There is no quick/easy fix for this that I am aware of.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 20, 2014 at 4:28:35 pm

Matt is right...sorry. You'll have to copy/paste into a proper frame rate sequence, and hunker down for a lot of fixing.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 20, 2014 at 9:38:49 pm

...and you know, the OP doesn't talk about the frame rate of the footage. Let's hope it's all 29.97, no 24p involved.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Mar 21, 2014 at 1:33:17 am

Dave makes an important point.

If the original footage is 23.98 and the sequence is 23.98, and you need a final output as 29.97, the fix is actually rather simple.

You can export a reference movie and use Compressor to add the pulldown to get you to 29.97 for file based output.

If you are outputting to tape, a Kona or Blackmagic card can output with pulldown, as well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]