FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing QT mov with several audio tracks

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rein Oks
Importing QT mov with several audio tracks
on Mar 19, 2014 at 8:13:10 pm

Hi

Have a little problem. Need to edit bunch of promos for a client so in order to make this workflow as easy as possible i thought that i first make it clear to myself. So i edited a promo in Media Composer. Since the promo should be finalized (VO added and mixed plus gfx added) in another studio who use FCP, i just thought that i'll export the file from MC with audio output settings set to Direct Out. Originally on MC timeline i had ch 1-2 as mono DIA and reference VO and ch 3-8 as stereo EFX and Music. So after export i have mov file where are 8 mono channels. When i import it back to avid i can re-patch them back as they originally were on the timeline with modifying some audio import settings. But when i import the file into FCP, pan on every channel is set to the middle so basically there are 8 mono tracks and editor in other studio needs to change pans manually...or is there some kind of setting in FCP that can be easily applied?

thnx
Rein

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Importing QT mov with several audio tracks
on Mar 19, 2014 at 9:11:05 pm

Hmmm...it should come in panned. But adjusting the pan on 8 tracks takes under 10 seconds...shouldn't be a big hindrance.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]