FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor fails on the second attempt to compress.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mary Lee
Compressor fails on the second attempt to compress.
on Mar 18, 2014 at 7:44:08 pm

Hello,

I've got a 19 minute timeline I'm trying to compress from FCP7 using Compressor to a h.264 video at 8Mbps Youtube sharing compression. This all worked fine the first time I did this and sent to the client for checking. I've made a couple of changes since in FCP to the text titles and sound and tried to send to compressor again using the same compression. It fails after a few minutes each time I try.

Last time this happened I had to use the original sequence and then re-colour correct the whole film with Color and then send to compressor before it would work. This is very time consuming. Has anyone else had this issue. Is there a quick fix?

Thank you

Return to posts index

Mary Lee
Re: Compressor fails on the second attempt to compress.
on Mar 18, 2014 at 7:54:03 pm

The error message coming up is Quicktime Error 50

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Mar 18, 2014 at 8:13:47 pm

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/344/21063

Might help. How are you fixed for empty drive space in the place where you have Compressor put these files? If you've done a lot of compressions and not thrown anything out, perhaps you're running out of space on that particular drive.

Return to posts index

Mary Lee
on Mar 18, 2014 at 8:34:40 pm

I've got 178Gb on the hard drive available. It may be a corrupt clip on the timeline. After reading a few more comments I've deleted the render files and re-compressing so fingers crossed that works!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]