FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photos import with wrong frame rate

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robyn Braun
Photos import with wrong frame rate
on Mar 18, 2014 at 7:19:58 pm

I came on to a project where the default/easy setup was set to PAL even though a majority of the footage is 29.97 and some footage is at 23.98.

I changed all the sequence settings and import settings to 29.97. However all the stills are still set to 25fps. I know FCP assigns a fps to stills and I am guessing because they were originally imported into a 25fps project they were assigned to 25fps. However, when I reimport them into this project now that the settings are changed they still import at 25fps. Additionally, when I try to import them into a brand new HD 29.97 project they still retain the 25fps.

How can I change the frame rate to match my project? Is there an easy sollution/work around?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Photos import with wrong frame rate
on Mar 18, 2014 at 7:38:42 pm

Stills don't have a "frame rate," because they are a single frame. That is an arbitrary number. Won't cause any issues that I know of.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Robyn Braun
on Mar 18, 2014 at 7:49:46 pm

Thanks. The problem is that I have to render every still. I was attributing that to the frame rate issue.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 18, 2014 at 8:45:00 pm

You always have to render stills on the timeline. Anything that doesn't match the sequence settings requires a render. Stills aren't video, therefore you need to render them. BUT...you don't "need" to right away. You can play back without rendering fine. It's just when you want to see it looking sharp, or when you are exporting, that you want to render.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Robyn Braun
on Mar 18, 2014 at 8:54:34 pm

Thank you. This information is helpful. However in this case I do need to render the stills in order to playback. The appear in the timeline with a red render bar.

I'm glad to know this issue won't affect export or delivery. But working with these stills is a very slow process.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 18, 2014 at 9:00:12 pm

Are your RT settings set to SAFE, or UNLIMITED? They should be on UNLIMITED.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Robyn Braun
on Mar 18, 2014 at 9:32:20 pm

Thanks so much. That will do it. I'm so used to working on my system that I totally forgot to check that.

Best,
R

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]