FORUMS: list search recent posts

multiAVCHD

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Johnson
multiAVCHD
on Mar 17, 2014 at 6:11:42 pm

Trying everything out there to make a decent bluray menu. No luck of course. Anyone try multiAVCHD. The interface looks tough and no good tutorials that I see. Sounds like it could make what you want. Anyone try this? If so, how do I get trained?

Return to posts index

Gerald Prost
Re: multiAVCHD
on Mar 22, 2014 at 5:12:34 pm

I wish there were a better alternative to Adobe's Encore, but I haven't found it. Encore is slated for the Adobe bone yard but currently it creates DVDs and Blu-rays very well. It is also very easy to use. It sounds like you have only one Blu-ray project to complete. In this case I suggest that you use the trial version which gives you full functionality for one month without any limitations. The only obstacle that most people find using this program is creating and using menus; however, there is a trick. Pick a simple menu that has a button similar to what you need from the templates. Note the name of it. Do a search of your computer to find the file and open it in Photoshop or GIMP. Customize the file as you see fit, but keep the layer structure intact as well as all the layer names. One last thing if you have already encoded the file to AVCHD you might want to back up and encode it to a true H264. Gerry in Calgary

Return to posts index

Craig Johnson
on Mar 22, 2014 at 10:16:45 pm

I use FCP7 currently and wanted to jump ship to the Adobe suite. Tired of all the Apple workarounds for BluRay. My Daughter is a full time college student and needed the Adobe suite so I said she could use my 27 imac and MPB occaisonally and I'll check it out to see if I might want it. I was using Snow Leopard, Adobe said it wasn't supported and I needed to upgrade. I paid a lot for the FCP suite and if I updated higher than Mountain Lion, FCP wouldn't work. So we got Mountain Lion. FCP works fine. Spent 2 days with Adobe support trying to get it to load on these machines as we went ahead and paid for it all, the whole creative suite. Their techs couldn't get it done, I only understand English so I don't know what they were saying. Horrible experience, after 2 days of hell, we got our money refunded or so they say. 2 weeks and still not back on my credit card still. So......I trudge on looking for options. The problem with all the software makers in this world is keeping you in the very latest software and hardware, or making you stay with older technology. I had a tough time finding Mountain Lion and had to pay for it. The latest OS Apple gives away. Thanks for your input, I wish it had worked for me.

Return to posts index

Gerald Prost
on Mar 23, 2014 at 12:44:47 am

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I used FCP 7 and the Final Cut Studio. They both work fine. DVD Studio had a lot going for it. I'm sorry that they dropped it. I don't remember if it allowed you to create Blu-rays or not. The encoding to DVD was inferior to Encore and the rendering of menus were also inferior; however, it created submenus automatically which was cool. Encore can't do that. Gerry in Calgary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]