for this?

iMac 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB
OS 10.6.8
Final Cut Pro 7.0

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Best Audio Sync Software?
on Mar 16, 2014 at 5:54:39 pm

Plural Eyes will use audio waveforms to sync as long as there's audio on all devices. FCPX does it all by itself using audio and/or timecode and you can place markers to aid sync as well.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.8.4, QT10.1, Kona 3, Dual Cinema 23, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)
FCP-X 10.0.9, Motion 5.0.7, Compressor 4.0.7

Pro Tools HD 10 w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec DSP Monitors, Prima CDQ120 ISDN

Return to posts index

david mayer
on Mar 16, 2014 at 6:28:11 pm

Thanks, John.

Should have mentioned I am on FCP 7.

Question about Plural Eyes: I had 20 small
DSLR clips but when I converted them to ProRes 422 they
became one long, continuous clip. Does Plural Eyes require the
20 original small clips or can it work with the larger,
converted ones?

iMac 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB
OS 10.6.8
Final Cut Pro 7.0

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Mar 17, 2014 at 1:16:59 am

I'm not sure, but I expect that PE would move the video clips into position to sync with the audio. If need be, you could cut up the audio into clips.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.8.4, QT10.1, Kona 3, Dual Cinema 23, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)
FCP-X 10.0.9, Motion 5.0.7, Compressor 4.0.7

Pro Tools HD 10 w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec DSP Monitors, Prima CDQ120 ISDN

Return to posts index

Joe Marler
on Mar 17, 2014 at 10:45:15 pm

[david mayer] "Does Plural Eyes require the
20 original small clips or can it work with the larger,
converted ones?"

My recollection from using Plural Eyes on Windows Premiere Pro CS6: it syncs on a per-clip basis.

A significant limitation is it only does one sync point per clip -- defined as the middle of the clip. If a long clip has sync drift it cannot compensate for that. E.g, one camera or recorder is running slower than the others due to poor master oscillator, or just a very long take as with lecture material. That would seem to be similar to your situation of concatenating multiple clips.

They formerly had a product called Dual Eyes which did sync drift compensation. I don't know the status or availability of Dual Eyes after the acquisition by Red Giant Software.

Plural Eyes was finicky about audio levels, even when using its optional computationally-intensive "try harder" mode. E.g, if a DSLR with a scratch track from on-camera audio had poor s/n ratio, it just wouldn't sync -- even though you could easily sync the waveforms by eye.

In general my experience with FCP X audio sync is much better than Plural Eyes, but this is comparing to Plural Eyes as of two years ago.

As John said, you may need to cut each DSLR clip. If discrete clips, Plural Eyes can sync those with a continuous audio track.

Return to posts index

Joe Marler
on Mar 19, 2014 at 11:49:03 pm

I just got the latest version of Plural Eyes. It is vastly improved over the version I used two years ago. I'll test it more over the next few days.

Return to posts index

Daniel Sametz
on Mar 16, 2014 at 5:57:11 pm

I have used Pluraleyes many times with almost always good results.

Return to posts index

John Doggett-Williams
on Mar 19, 2014 at 2:57:34 am

I recently shot an interview with a DSLR and used my H4N for recording audio.
The audio recorded for over two hours but had to occasionally stop/start the video. I've finally decided to dive into FCPX but can I sync that many clips to the one central audio file? Or do I go back to FCP 7 where I could do it manually?

John Doggett-Williams
http://www.fineeyeproductions.com

Return to posts index

Igor Jovcevski
on Dec 20, 2014 at 1:41:40 pm

You could try Woowave as well. Actually, you could try both PE and Woowave on this test footage to check how it performs when extreme low quality audio/ 10 hours of footage is thrown into the apps.
( https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68042837/test-files.zip )
Make sure to avoid clips smaller than 3 secs or longer than 30 min. As Woowave is not Unicode, use only ASCII path names, and avoid clips with mute audio channels. Most of the crashes are for the above mentioned reasons. Good Luck :) Igor-Woowave Developer
woowave.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]