FORUMS: list search recent posts

C100 Footage and Interlacing Issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Austin Reedy
C100 Footage and Interlacing Issue
on Mar 14, 2014 at 9:00:42 pm

Hi Folks,

I have footage shot on the C100 and it was shot PSF. I am not exactly sure what the issue is, it was ingested to fcp7 using l&t, converted to ProRes, and when playing back in the timeline, everything looks groovy. However both the ProRes files and any outputs done from said sequences all have horrible interlacing on them. I tried recapturing footage and the same issues exist. I have tried running deinterlacing on the files but get no good results. I'm convinced there's a quirk with this footage that someone understands, and since I know nothing about the camera I'm hoping someone has a work around for me. Thanks in advance for any help.

Austin

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: C100 Footage and Interlacing Issue
on Mar 14, 2014 at 11:13:44 pm

Go to the FCP browser. Look for the field dominance column. Make sure the footage is set to None. You'll have to replace the footage in the timeline: FCP won't see the changes automatically.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 14, 2014 at 11:37:19 pm

PSF...That's "Progressive Segmented Frames." Not TRUE Progressive, but progressive in an interlaced stream. Did you shoot 24PSF? Does the imported footage show up as 29.97? Then it's interlaced 24p footage...basically 24p with pulldown.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 15, 2014 at 12:29:17 am

Ooooh, PSF... Shane's right. If it's still at 29.97, you'll have to remove the pulldown AND edit in a 23.976 (aka 23.98) timeline or you'll have one hot mess later on.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Adam Weinberg
on Jan 11, 2016 at 4:15:25 pm

I'm experiencing this - how do you remove the pulldown for 24PSF footage appearing as 29.97?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 11, 2016 at 5:59:51 pm

All depends. A lot of footage shot 24p in a 29.97 stream isn't meant to have pulldown removed. Many cameras have that "film look" option but shoot 29.97, for those that need to deliver a 29.97 master. If you have a camera that shoots 24p that is meant to have pulldown removed, then you can use Cinema Tools to remove it. There is an option inside FCP to do this, but I haven't used FCP 7 in two years, and I never used the feature, so I can't recall where it is...one of the menus, I'm sure.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]