FORUMS: list search recent posts

Paste attributes (just black/mid/white color)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arturo Glass
Paste attributes (just black/mid/white color)
on Mar 14, 2014 at 1:18:18 am

Is there a way to remove and replace all of the white balance settings in clips that already have the 3 color corrector done? I've got a bit of a pink hue across a bunch of shots and want to batch remove this, but already set saturation and black/mid/white levels as I like. I was able to remove it in one shot by adjusting the color balance through the 3 color wheels, but don't know how to just copy and paste this.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Paste attributes (just black/mid/white color)
on Mar 14, 2014 at 1:37:58 am

You can't. You can only copy and paste the full filters...not just attributes from them. Sorry.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 14, 2014 at 1:45:49 am

But you can always delete the effects from the bad clips, and then copy-paste attributes again from the good clip.

So it's not the end of the world.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Mar 14, 2014 at 1:49:07 pm

There is no law that says you can only invoke ONE 3-way color corrector. Go make the correction to one clip using a second instance of the TWCC.

See that little icon of the hand on the frames? You can drag that icon onto any other clip and apply the changes to it. So just motor over to the clips that need the extra level of correction and drag-and-drop, based on the first clip you corrected by hand. I have been able to drag and drop like this on multiple selected clips at a time, but not always with perfect success.

Anyhow, this may help you add secondary CC in tint while leaving the other settings alone.

Return to posts index

Arturo Glass
on Mar 14, 2014 at 5:06:08 pm

Good idea. Thanks. I just wasn't sure if doing that would somehow be pushing colors out of a safe zone or making the image too muddy. But I guess that's just a matter of looking and deciding.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Mar 14, 2014 at 6:40:30 pm

It may or may not work but do please tells us, either way.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]