FORUMS: list search recent posts

General Error When Exporting From Final Cut Pro 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John White
General Error When Exporting From Final Cut Pro 7
on Mar 13, 2014 at 10:55:26 pm

So, here's the issue I've encountered today: the station I work for pre-records our newscast. Most of the video is shot in SD and I edit on a SD timeline. Usually there are no issues exporting an SD, DV/DVCPro NTSC file for playback on our SD cable channel. Until today, when we needed to incorporate some HD MP4 video shot on a camera phone. Final Cut would not accept the MP4 files directly, so I converted them to DV/DVCPro files using MPEG StreamClip. Final Cut accepted those and I was able to edit them into my sequence. However, when I tried exporting the news from the sequence I got the dreaded "General Error" message. After searching on-line I saw the advise of deleting the render files and exporting again. Well, now the export is working but taking literally hours to export a 20 minute newscast.

There has to be a better way than this process. We hope to incorporate more HD files into our SD news in the future, so this issue needs to be resolved. And we can't afford to set aside hours of time exporting the news from Final Cut.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to speed things up? I'm at my wits end. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
Re: General Error When Exporting From Final Cut Pro 7
on Mar 26, 2014 at 4:20:55 pm

When you exported from MPEG, did you also downsize to SD there?

Sascha Engel
TIME BANDITZ Productions
http://www.youtube.com/taikang

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]