FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multi track syncing with PluralEyes 3 and FCP7 - tricky problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leah Attard
Multi track syncing with PluralEyes 3 and FCP7 - tricky problem
on Mar 12, 2014 at 8:39:27 pm

I've used these two programmes in the past successfully but on this project I can't find a solution.
Both video footage (5D dlsr .mov files) and audio material (Cantar X2.wav).

There was guide sound recorded on the 5D which will sync to audio via plural eyes 3.
The problem is the video only syncs to one track. There are from 6 to 8 tracks recorded for each take, I thought that plural eyes 3 would detect these multiple tracks and sync them.

I can see no method via FCP7 or using pluraleye directly to sync the audio tracks with themselves.
The audio tracks do not appear to be merged or grouped though they do have a logical naming convention e.g.
TN2704_1.WAV
TN2704_2.WAV
TN2704_3.WAV
TN2704_4.WAV
TN2704_5.WAV
TN2704_6.WAV
TN2704_7.WAV
TN2704_8.WAV
And when imported into FCP7 display additional and correct info in the Scene & Reel column.

Has anyone experienced a problem like this or solved it. I suspect its to do with the audio recording not being grouped on record in some way but I'm not sure.

Don't Cry Yet

Return to posts index

Aaron Bilgrad
Re: Multi track syncing with PluralEyes 3 and FCP7 - tricky problem
on Jan 21, 2015 at 5:33:33 am

Any luck with this? I have the same issue. We shot a film on the Canon 5D and used an audio recorder with 4 sources (1 boom, 3 lavs), but the file is just ONE file (e.g. Take2.wav). When I bring these files into Plural Eyes, it doesn't sync properly because it treats each of those audio files as just ONE file, as opposed to unpackaging the different audio sources contained in that file (i.e. the boom and the lav mics).

In FCP7, when I open the audio file, I can clearly see 4 tracks of audio. Is there a way to sync this up in Plural Eyes? I was counting on this because I simply don't have the time to manually sync up hours and hours of footage with multiple audio sources.

Return to posts index

Hunter Leachman
Re: Multi track syncing with PluralEyes 3 and FCP7 - tricky problem
on Apr 26, 2015 at 7:55:28 am

Use Wave Agent by Sound Devices - http://www.sounddevices.com/support/downloads/wave-agent

It is free.

Use this software to break your wav. poly track files into separate wav audio files for each track/take.

You can then import these into Plural Eyes as separate files that will sync, or import them into a timeline then Plural Eyes if that is your workflow.

Hunter Leachman
Editor/Assistant Editor
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]