FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX XML Export to Logic Pro X is Off

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Pedersen
FCPX XML Export to Logic Pro X is Off
on Mar 11, 2014 at 4:18:53 am

So, I just finished picture lock and tried to the project via XML to Logic Pro X and it imports, the automation is fine (i.e. the fades are there), I have no issues with watching the movie once it's added to it's own track... but the audio files are not correct.

What happens is that some of the imported audio tracks in Logic Pro X seem to be referencing the incorrect part of the clip that I used in the timeline (i.e. it plays the slate audio from the beginning of the track, rather than the dialogue that I need).

The interesting thing about it, is that when I tried importing the XML from FCPX to Davinci Resolve, I had the same problem. So it has to be an issue coming FROM FCPX and not from Logic Pro X, but I can't seem to figure it out. It may be something simple, but I haven't been able to find any help, and man, I've searched the end of the internet to find it. PLEASE HELP!

Return to posts index

Carter Mays
Re: FCPX XML Export to Logic Pro X is Off
on May 2, 2014 at 10:51:43 pm

For what it's worth I have only encountered something similar to this issue you're describing where there is a video clip in FCPX with the audio expanded, and I shortened the audio to a fraction of the length of the video clip.... but in LPX, it plays the entire length of the audio clip - to match up to the length of the video clip.

Easy to catch and shorten/edit in LPX, compared to what you're describing which is more complex to solve.

Im just in the testing phase of using FCPX and LPX for a feature project, so I'm sure there will be more issues to come.

BTW, I'm trying to resolve why my audio levels in FCPX for my dialogue clips read much, much, lower on the meter than after migrating that clip into LPX using the FCPXML protocol. (using the same multimeter in both programs) Please let me know if you have any similar experiences with that.

FCP X 10.1.1
Logic Pro X 10.0.6
Mavericks OS 10.9.2
iMac 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5
8gb RAM

Return to posts index

Brian Weber
Re: FCPX XML Export to Logic Pro X is Off
on Jan 12, 2015 at 7:19:26 pm

The XML gets messed up with compound clips. Select everything goto the "Clip" menu up top, then select "Break apart clip items" this pulls the audio out of the compound clip.

Right clicking on the clip and selecting "Detach audio" DOES NOT work, if you try you'll notice you can still right click and "Open in timeline" this is just detaching the audio and putting it in a new compound clip.

I seem to remember "Break apart clip items" used to be in the right click menu but I guess they changed that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]