FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Johnson
Audio issue
on Mar 11, 2014 at 2:18:17 am

I can never seem to find the previous post that's just like my issue. I have a short sequence with 2 people talking, recorded at different times. The female voice sounds ever so slightly like she is in a hall. Just the slightest echo or reverb to it. I think the mike was just a bit too far and she projected a bit too much. This issue makes the voices sound vastly different and she is a bit hard to understand. Can anyone recommend a filter or a process that can eliminate that echo sound. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Audio issue
on Mar 11, 2014 at 1:36:09 pm

You might try using a gate filter, with an aggressive attack/release time, but really, I think you're out of luck, sorry.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Mar 11, 2014 at 2:42:42 pm

iZotope's RX3 has a Deverb filter (it may only be in RX3 Advanced) that might help. In addition to Mark's suggestion you can try adding a bit of eq in the 200-400Hz range to add some warmth and body as long as that doesn't exacerbate the issue. And you can try sweeping the frequencies with a parametric eq with a narrow Q that's set to maximum cut to see if you can find a freq that decreases the offending sound. If you find the spot, then adjust the eq cut so you just start hearing the improvement. Don't cut too much.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.8.4, QT10.1, Kona 3, Dual Cinema 23, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)
FCP-X 10.0.9, Motion 5.0.7, Compressor 4.0.7

Pro Tools HD 10 w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec DSP Monitors, Prima CDQ120 ISDN

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 11, 2014 at 4:30:52 pm

You'd probably be better off duplicating the acoustic conditions under which the good audio was recorded, and re-recording the bad audio.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Craig Johnson
on Mar 12, 2014 at 1:22:43 am

I'm glad there are a few possibilities anyway without going right to re-record. Quick question: Are these suggestions to be performed in FCP7 or do it Soundtrack Pro?

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Mar 12, 2014 at 2:42:33 am

Soundtrack Pro has better tools.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.8.4, QT10.1, Kona 3, Dual Cinema 23, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)
FCP-X 10.0.9, Motion 5.0.7, Compressor 4.0.7

Pro Tools HD 10 w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec DSP Monitors, Prima CDQ120 ISDN

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on Mar 12, 2014 at 2:26:06 pm

Did you also have a mic mounted on your camera and, if so, are you possibly using the camera track(s) in your sequence?

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index

Craig Johnson
on Mar 16, 2014 at 10:34:24 pm

Just to follow up. I tried the free trial of Izoptope RX3 Advanced. Really good stuff. The de-reverberation filter made it completely go away. Problem is I just can't pull the trigger with the cost of it as I couldn't say when I would ever use it again. You can't keep the repair with the trial. For the money the software costs, we are better of financially re-shooting. But, for those of you with deep pockets, I urge you to try that package, it has automated and manual features. The denoiser is excellent too. Thanks to all that had input here.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]