FORUMS: list search recent posts

Graphics "mystery" - Render, settings, no apparent solution… FCP gurus, any hints?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adolfo Tertuliano
Graphics "mystery" - Render, settings, no apparent solution… FCP gurus, any hints?
on Mar 10, 2014 at 11:23:29 am

Dear community,

I am using FCP 7.0.3. and I am facing a difficult time with motion graphics.

On my ProRes 422 sequences I have a couple of .mov animations with the same codec and settings. I render everything and export a self-contained QT movie. When I look at it with QuickTime, and upload a 1080p to the web via compressor, the video is awesome but the graphics are terrible.

The problem is that if everything in the graphics was terrible, I would assume it to be a well spoken of limitation in FCP dealing with titles, etc, but here's the "strange" bit: out of the 10 movies that I exported, some have excellent graphics at the end, and even "stranger", one animation on one of the videos changes quality from bad to great half way through the animation…

I am attaching screenshots.

All animations that I am using on my sequence look perfect when opened with Quicktime, or even with the spacebar preview.

1. Animation at the beginning of the sequence, bad quality

2. Same animation at the end of the sequence, great quality at the end…

Now another example, odd thing:

1. End animation is bad quality

2. But half way through the animation it gets excellent quality, like it should according to the master file…

If you visit this link you may see the 2nd example for yourself.

I have deleted all the renders from render manager, rendered everything again, graphics are still low quality.

i really don't know what to do, I would appreciate some help with this matter, thank you very much.

Adolfo.

Return to posts index

Adolfo Tertuliano
Re: Graphics "mystery" - Render, settings, no apparent solution… FCP gurus, any hints?
on Mar 10, 2014 at 11:25:45 am

You'll have to load the images all the way to see the difference.

Thank you very much.

Return to posts index

Adolfo Tertuliano
Re: Graphics "mystery" - Render, settings, no apparent solution… FCP gurus, any hints?
on Mar 10, 2014 at 11:49:30 am

The video link for the 2nd example is https://vimeo.com/88484673

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Mar 10, 2014 at 8:42:14 pm

The link isn't working. Are the graphics interlaced or progressive? What edit codec did you use?

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.8.4, QT10.1, Kona 3, Dual Cinema 23, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)
FCP-X 10.0.9, Motion 5.0.7, Compressor 4.0.7

Pro Tools HD 10 w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec DSP Monitors, Prima CDQ120 ISDN

Return to posts index

Adolfo Tertuliano
on Mar 10, 2014 at 9:22:27 pm

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. I had to delete all the videos because I just found out the problem. I am using ProRes 422 codec and 25p, my video clips are field of dominance "none" and the animation clips were "upper", I checked everything as "none", re-rendered and it's perfect now. I'm just waiting to get the links online to check on the quality, but it should be great now.

Links will be on http://www.vimeo.com/juicylime

Thank you once again for the reply.

Best,
Adolfo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]