FORUMS: list search recent posts

Correcting for ISO change in FCP 7?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jacqueline Mary
Correcting for ISO change in FCP 7?
on Mar 9, 2014 at 7:13:19 pm
Last Edited By Jacqueline Mary on Mar 9, 2014 at 7:33:23 pm

I accidentally hit the ISO wheel on my DSLR while I was filming and now half my footage is too dark. I can get it lighter, but it still doesn't match the look of the first half. Is there a way to correct for the exact ISO loss?

Return to posts index

Jacqueline Mary
Re: Correcting for ISO change in FCP 7?
on Mar 10, 2014 at 2:46:43 am

bump?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 10, 2014 at 2:53:42 am

Nothing you do will make this float to the top...It sinks like everything else.

Sorry, but ISO changes are very complex to deal with. They take a lot of trial and error, tweaking and finessing. Not something that can be expressed in a web post. FCX touts the ability to match shots with the click of a button, but I know it isn't perfect. With FCP it'll be tougher, and Color will do a better job, but still need to tweak a lot of settings to get things right.

You might need to hire a professional colorist for this.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Mar 10, 2014 at 8:38:18 pm

Blackmagic's DaVinci Resolve Lite is free and very powerful. And there are a lot of good tutorials floating around. The Lite download is at the bottom of the linked page.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.8.4, QT10.1, Kona 3, Dual Cinema 23, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)
FCP-X 10.0.9, Motion 5.0.7, Compressor 4.0.7

Pro Tools HD 10 w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec DSP Monitors, Prima CDQ120 ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]