FORUMS: list search recent posts

Digitizing Betacam SP ob FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Haim Bresheeth
Digitizing Betacam SP ob FCP 7
on Mar 7, 2014 at 2:56:25 pm

Hi,

I need to digitise some 20 hours of Betacam SP for editing at the highest quality on FCP7. I use an old but sound UVW-18000P which I have just bought, and it plays picture and sound well. I assume the best quality will be got by using the Components leads into my SONY HVR 10.

Could anyone guide my through this? I am not sure what the best settings would be for FCP Log and Capture, as well as on the Project settings. Please do not assume I know too much…

Much appreciated,

Haim

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Digitizing Betacam SP ob FCP 7
on Mar 7, 2014 at 3:54:17 pm

[Haim Bresheeth] "I assume the best quality will be got by using the Components leads into my SONY HVR 10."

Not really. That will convert the analog signal to DV. And then you'll have no deck control, and thus no timecode reference to the masters.

The best way is via an IO capture device like aja.com and decklink.com make. Easy Setup for ProRes NTSC.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Mar 7, 2014 at 4:08:10 pm

[Shane Ross] "The best way is via an IO capture device like aja.com and decklink.com make. Easy Setup for ProRes NTSC."

Like Shane says, but add Matrox to his list of manufacturers.

David Roth Weiss
ProMax Systems
Burbank
DRW@ProMax.com

Sales | Integration | Support

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Mar 7, 2014 at 7:18:53 pm

And once you have the i/o card or box set up, I would save the video as ProRes 422.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]