FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7 and AJ-HD1200A

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pierre-Luc Pare
FCP7 and AJ-HD1200A
on Mar 4, 2014 at 12:27:17 am

Hi everyone,

I found many posts about this issue and tried a lot of settings, but I just hit my head on the wall now.

I've spent all the day trying all the solutions suggested through the forums (especially here), but still not working.

I need to output a TV show as Quicktime ProRes422LT 1080i 29.97fps to DVCProHD with a AJ-HD1200A.

I know that I can't use the RS-422 for recording, so I use the Firewire port with the HD-SDI. The signal passes fine to the deck. Video and audio are in sync and quality is fine.

The problem is the timecode. I can get it to start at the right TC, but after that, it gets offset. I did a short 2min test. The in point is good at 09:58:30:00, but after 1min I get 18 frames off. I set an offset to compensate but the number I enter never reflects exactly on the tape. Ex. I set an offset of +18 but I get a -5.

I made sure both the deck and FCP are at 29,97fps DF. TC is provide through FW with the DVCProHD FW preset (set as DV Time).

Whatever setting I change, timecode is never accurate and I just don't know what to try anymore.

I followed the solutions proposed by Walter and Shane here. I followed the guide provided on the Panasonic site. I asked 2 other post technicians. Nothing works.

There must be a setting that I miss. Everyone I talk to seems to use this combination fine.

Some help please?

Thanks,

------------------------------
Read, search, try... then ask.

Plasma Postproduction
Montreal (QC) Canada
http://www.studioplasma.ca

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP7 and AJ-HD1200A
on Mar 4, 2014 at 12:40:29 am

The 1200A was designed as a player deck, mainly. It wasn't meant to be used as a mastering deck. I've never gotten it to take the TC I wanted, and have only been able to crash-record out. And correct timeline timecode via Firewire? Not sure that is possible... DVCPRO HD tape is a 60p medium...60fps. Not 29.97

The 1400, however, was designed for this. You'll need to get your hands on that.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Pierre-Luc Pare
on Mar 4, 2014 at 5:28:24 pm

Well, after one day of troubleshooting, I didn't succeed with the 1200. But I found a 1400 and it worked the first time.

That's why I don't use tape anymore, whenever possible.

Thanks,

------------------------------
Read, search, try... then ask.

Plasma Postproduction
Montreal (QC) Canada
http://www.studioplasma.ca

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 4, 2014 at 5:42:41 pm

Glad you got it to work. That 1200 was a great capture machine...but that's about it.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]