FORUMS: list search recent posts

5.1 mix configuration in FCP7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Dean
5.1 mix configuration in FCP7
on Mar 1, 2014 at 9:48:26 pm

Hi - I've never been able to find out how to create a Quicktime movie with 6 tracks for a 5.1 mix until today. (An old video on YouTube was extremely helpful, even if it was for a product that doesn't seem to exist anymore). I followed its directions and successfully created a QT movie that contained the 6 tracks, but the center dialogue track was inexplicably panned to the left. The track is centered correctly in the FCP timeline, but as soon as I adjusted the audio outputs of the sequence to what the video recommended...

...the center audio moved to the left. I've assigned the six target tracks in the timeline and selected "Discrete Channels" in the general settings, but even in the actual timeline, it's wrong. I also get this warning when I set the outputs:

I'm not planning to play this on my MacBook, but will be submitting this 5.1 Quicktime for HDCAM mastering, so I don't expect it to have a surround effect on my own computer, but it still shouldn't be panned left! Any idea what I'm doing wrong? THANKS!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]