FORUMS: list search recent posts

What's an OEM file?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Davis
What's an OEM file?
on Feb 27, 2014 at 10:05:11 pm

My employer has asked me to work on changing a video project done some time ago with an external company, before i was hired.

Most of the changes are easy enough, but I'm adding some additional voiced over audio in to section where there is music voice and SFX all mixed together. So I've asked for the source files.

The external company asked what format we'd need, I gave several options. The guy came back saying that he would send me the OEM files.

I have never heard of this format and Google was less than illuminating, they don't seem to be directly related to video or audio, at least on the sites I've found.

Has anyone ever heard of this format? Will I be able to use it?

Is this guy making my life difficult or am I just not familiar with something new and exciting?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: What's an OEM file?
on Feb 28, 2014 at 12:13:07 am

Does the guy mean OMF files, perhaps? It's worth asking.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
on Feb 28, 2014 at 6:30:32 am

Agree with Dave OEM is usually Original Equipment Manufacturer and sometimes refers to driver files but never heard of it relating to an audio format.
OMF sounds like best bet.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

8 Core MacPro, Kona 3, Tangent Wave, Mackie Universal Symphony 6.5 or MC V 7 with Symphony option. FCP7, Color, Media creation and conversion. Adobe Encore DVD creation and authoring.
i7 2.7 Gig MBP (non retina) 16Gigs Ram Blackmagic Monitor Mini Symphony 6.5 or MC v7 with Symphony option FCP7
7TB raid 5 fibre storage.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Mar 3, 2014 at 5:14:34 am

It will be OMF. To import that into FCP7 you will need to use Automatic Duck which has been made available as a free download for a while now and still up on the Automatic Duck web site.

http://www.automaticduck.com/products/pifcp/index.html

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]