FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avoid render while using prores of different aspect ratios?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Karel Voners
Avoid render while using prores of different aspect ratios?
on Feb 25, 2014 at 9:34:48 am

Hi,

I'm using different prores files with different aspect ratios, some is PAL some is NTSC. All framerates are 25 Fps and audio is 48Khz.

Is there a way to have these clips on the same timeline without having to render them to get real time playback from the timeline?

Thx!
K.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Avoid render while using prores of different aspect ratios?
on Feb 25, 2014 at 3:42:37 pm

[Karel Voners] "I'm using different prores files with different aspect ratios, some is PAL some is NTSC. All framerates are 25 Fps and audio is 48Khz."

NTSC doesn't run at 25fps...it's 29.97fps. 23.98 is also a semi-NTSC format. But in HD, PAL and NTSC have the same dimensions...it's SD where they differ. PAL is 16:9, where NTSC is 4:3...PAL is 25fps where NTSC is 29.97fps.

[Karel Voners] "Is there a way to have these clips on the same timeline without having to render them to get real time playback from the timeline?"

You cannot mix footage with differing frame sizes or rates without encountering the render bar. However, it should be green, thus allowing you to work without needing to render. If it is orange, then the differences must be more extreme.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: Avoid render while using prores of different aspect ratios?
on Feb 28, 2014 at 5:20:07 pm

and if it's red, you need to set your RT playback to "unlimited"

drop-down top left of timeline
or in your user prefs... no wait, FCP system settings (Shift Q)

nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]