FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rendering and self contained

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Johnson
Rendering and self contained
on Feb 23, 2014 at 4:30:34 am

Anyone encounter this? I have a few problem jpegs. There are 50 minutes worth in this project and 2 are beligerent. I have resized, changed them to png's, cut them and brought them back in, basically have 20 or so hours trying to get them to render. I have them to the point where they play fine but still won't render. I get the out of memory error box. If I were to make a self contained movie and it played, will it still be possible to encode and burn without playback issues? So frustrating.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Rendering and self contained
on Feb 23, 2014 at 6:38:54 am

They need to be in the RGB color space, and not CMYK...and need to be under 4000 pixels on any side. Do these fit those parameters?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Craig Johnson
on Feb 23, 2014 at 2:51:00 pm

Oh yeah. Been down that road too. All are RGB and 1440 x 1080. There are over a hundred other photos in this same timeline. All shot with the same camera, same settings. Crazy maddening. I did find a post online that someone claimed if the project file exceeded 100mb, the error would be triggered. I tried to get clarification as to what "project file" she was referring. No response from her. I doubt that conclusion but a drowning man will grab an anchor if you throw him one.

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Feb 24, 2014 at 10:58:18 am

that would be the FCP project file you are working in.
i doubt that's the issue.

but you could have a corrupt sequence,
copy and paste the contents into a new timeline.
it'll mean a re-render, so maybe test the render on the trouble spots first.

nick

Return to posts index

Craig Johnson
Re: ndering and self contained
on Feb 24, 2014 at 3:01:29 pm

Yeah did that too. I have gone file by file and it comes down to 2 photos. Now I discovered if the cross dissolves are removed, one of the 2 render. Put it back and it won't. Weird.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: ndering and self contained
on Feb 25, 2014 at 4:36:37 pm

Building on your self-contained idea, why not make a sequence with just those 2 images. Do your dissolve and then export a self-contained movie. Be sure to leave handles at either end. Finally, import into your main sequence.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.8.4, QT10.1, Kona 3, Dual Cinema 23, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)
FCP-X 10.0.9, Motion 5.0.7, Compressor 4.0.7

Pro Tools HD 10 w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec DSP Monitors, Prima CDQ120 ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]