FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video sync issue in FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Graham
Video sync issue in FCP 7
on Feb 23, 2014 at 2:14:01 am

I'm having sync issues with a miniDV video clip in FCP 7. All clips in my project have a data rate of 3.6 MB/sec, while the troublesome clip is 3.5 MB/s. Not sure how this occurred since they were all imported using the same hardware. Clip plays fine in Quicktime, slips out of sync in FCP. I deleted the file in the project and re-imported it. That didn't help. When I edit the clip the freeze frame upon pausing doesn't match the actual frame that the playhead stops on. Very odd. Hoping I can export the from QT and salvage the clip.

Solution, work around?

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Video sync issue in FCP 7
on Feb 25, 2014 at 4:31:02 pm

If you don't have it, get the Media Info app. You drag your file onto its icon and it tells you many important parameters about the clip. That way, you can quickly find out if the problem clip has the same frame rate, format, etc. as the working clips. That said, your idea of exporting from QT is good. Also consider using Compressor with CFrame Controls on.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.8.4, QT10.1, Kona 3, Dual Cinema 23, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)
FCP-X 10.0.9, Motion 5.0.7, Compressor 4.0.7

Pro Tools HD 10 w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec DSP Monitors, Prima CDQ120 ISDN

Return to posts index

Adam Graham
Re: Video sync issue in FCP 7
on Feb 25, 2014 at 8:04:59 pm

John,
Thanks for the response and suggestions. I ended up exporting through QT. I changed the compression to H.264 and restricted the data rate to 3686 kb/sec. From what I can tell that worked although I have to render the new clips in FC because they don't match the project settings.

Only things I noticed that may be a problem is that the interlace setting may be giving me some issues. I'll probably edit down the clip and then experiment with de-interlace filters since I have to render the footage anyway.

Thanks again,
Adam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]