FORUMS: list search recent posts

Combining a Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro Project

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Travis Roesler
Combining a Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro Project
on Feb 22, 2014 at 5:59:48 pm

Hey guys...

I edited some stuff a while ago and I've decided to replace some of the footage in the clips.... unfortunately I edited this in premiere pro.

I'm trying to figure out a workflow that will allow me to combine the work from these very different codecs.

I'm editing the Premiere Pro stuff as it's native AVCHD codec, HD 1080p using a Sony FS100.. the Final Cut stuff obvioulsy is in ProRes.

I have failed every time I've tried to turn my 1080p footage into prores using Adobe Media Encoder. In fact, I can't even find a setting that allows me to export in 1080p... only 1080i into prores. This comes out looking crappy.

I suppose the best alternative would be to convert the prores stuff into a good codec to combine with premiere's stuff.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

FCP7

PP 6.0.5

ame whatever the most recent version is (from cs6)

---Trav

Return to posts index

Craig Johnson
Re: Combining a Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro Project
on Feb 23, 2014 at 4:11:54 am

I know this because I'm currently giving up dumping a 90 minute project into PP that I authored in FCP. I wanted all the menu options and have been getting tons of glitches in FCP. I have been told on the other forum that in order to get ProRes to function in PP, all you have to do is bring the ProRes codec in and then you have common ground in each program.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]