FORUMS: list search recent posts

Harris Nexio vs Perfectly Good Quicktime files

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Rowe
Harris Nexio vs Perfectly Good Quicktime files
on Feb 22, 2014 at 12:00:28 am

I may need to post this discussion into another forum - but i'm not sure where.

Can a perfectly good Quicktime file that works perfectly with nothing wrong while playing it out on a computer actually have something wrong and cause video processors in a server to glitch?

I work on FCP collecting various Quicktime files from many networks in various codecs and frame rates. I compile them into 30 min shows and send quicktimes to master control to be aired.

Up until now i have not been transcoding anything. I have been letting FCP change codecs and frame rates in the DVCPro (now ProRes) timelines - and exporting DVCPro codec Quicktime files. This process worked fine through the month of January - until something started glitching in the SD feed. So then they asked me to start sending them XDCam codec files. After that the glitching moved to the HD feed. It got worse and worse. The guys who run the server say that the video processors failed and it snowballed from one processor to another. Harris the company who makes the server says 'it must be in the media'. The guys that run master control can't find anything wrong with the server. They continue to blame the Quicktime files.

I have been providing quicktimes to spec. DVCProHD1080i 29.97 I have never seen any green 'corrupt' frames at all. Some of the worst glitching files ran fine without any problem a month ago. When I play the files on any computer they appear perfectly fine. THe guy running the server says that the signal looks fine until they get to the video processors.

When these servers are purchased does tech support also need to be purchased? My theory is that it was not and that Harris won't tell them anything and the guys running the server have no one else to blame.

Any thoughts are hugely appreciated...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]