FORUMS: list search recent posts

USB 3.0 PCI card - Highpoint vs Cal Digit

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Blum
USB 3.0 PCI card - Highpoint vs Cal Digit
on Feb 19, 2014 at 2:55:07 am

I need to purchase 8 - USB 3.0 PCI cards for different Mac Pro Towers. After doing a little research, it seems like Cal Digit and Highpoint are the two best. I was wondering if anybody can recommend a specific one or has any information that can useful.

The macPro towers we have range from 2008 -2010 and run everything from 10.6 - 10.8

The main use of these ports is to transfer data quicker than the firewire 800 ports.

The drives we use are G-tech and G-Raids with the Usb 3.0 ports.

Also, can someone tell me what the different Pci ports inside the MacPro towers do? One says 4x/raid, one says 4x and one says 16x.

thanks

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: USB 3.0 PCI card - Highpoint vs Cal Digit
on Feb 19, 2014 at 2:42:39 pm

Caldigit just released a new USB3/eSATA card.
http://www.caldigit.com/FASTA%2D6GU3pro/

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
Re: USB 3.0 PCI card - Highpoint vs Cal Digit
on Feb 20, 2014 at 3:04:16 am

I bought an earlier model of this card about 9 months ago and ended up returning it as it gave me all kinds of issues on the USB3 side. Hubs were not supported and the bluetooth mouse would not work. I believe it was to do with the position of the antennae or something along those lines. I think it was the 6GU3 model (not pro)
Anyway does anyone know if this new card fixes those issues ?? Be great to find out.

Thanks in advance

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

8 Core MacPro, Kona 3, Tangent Wave, Mackie Universal Symphony 6.5 or MC V 7 with Symphony option. FCP7, Color, Media creation and conversion. Adobe Encore DVD creation and authoring.
i7 2.7 Gig MBP (non retina) 16Gigs Ram Blackmagic Monitor Mini Symphony 6.5 or MC v7 with Symphony option FCP7
7TB raid 5 fibre storage.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]