FORUMS: list search recent posts

The Effect "Looks" is Missing

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lynette Gilbert
The Effect "Looks" is Missing
on Feb 19, 2014 at 12:07:36 am

So I'm doing some work on an independent film - it was originally edited a few years ago and is about to be shown somewhere. The director wants to make a few changes, but the original editor isn't available.

The original project was edited with FC7, which is what I'm using to edit it as well.

Well, I'm going along and reconnecting files, and I keep getting this error that the effect "Looks" cannot be found.

I did some searching, but it seems that the term "looks" is too vague, and I get hundreds of hits on things that aren't plugins or effects. Is anyone familiar with this effect that they could point me towards a site where I could find it?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: The Effect "Looks" is Missing
on Feb 19, 2014 at 12:38:45 am

Redgiant.com. Magic Bullet LOOKS.

not free...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 19, 2014 at 12:38:47 am

That's probably Magic Bullet Looks, and it doesn't come with FCP. You have to buy it from its distributor, Red Giant software.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Lynette Gilbert
on Feb 19, 2014 at 1:04:26 am

Yes, thank you. I understand that it doesn't come with FC7, which is why I was searching for a plugin. I will check out the website.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Feb 19, 2014 at 6:41:51 pm

If MB Looks isn't in your budget try matching the look with FCPs color corrector or use Color which is a part of the suite. Once you have the look you want it's easy to apply it where it's needed.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.8.4, QT10.1, Kona 3, Dual Cinema 23, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)
FCP-X 10.0.9, Motion 5.0.7, Compressor 4.0.7

Pro Tools HD 10 w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec DSP Monitors, Prima CDQ120 ISDN

Return to posts index

Lynette Gilbert
on Feb 19, 2014 at 6:51:12 pm

Thanks, I color correct in both FCP and Color quite often. I've worked in FCP for 10 years, I just needed some guidance as to what "Looks" was.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]