FORUMS: list search recent posts

Missing Audio in FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jaclyn Spirer
Missing Audio in FCP
on Feb 18, 2014 at 10:46:56 pm

I mainly work on Avid but I'm trying to do a project in Final Cut Pro. Yesterday when I was working, everything was fine. Today when I opened the project, some of the audio is missing in the sequence. The waveforms are still there in all the clips. The source material still has the audio - just playing out part of the sequence is silent. Any advice? I tried researching and changing the Audio Playback but that didn't do anything.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Missing Audio in FCP
on Feb 18, 2014 at 11:12:33 pm

Go to 'View">"external Video">"Refresh all AV Devices". This simulates hitting your output card with a hammer.

Check the little boxes to the left of the problem tracks to see if you soloed or muted a track.

Return to posts index

Jaclyn Spirer
on Feb 19, 2014 at 10:01:35 pm

Hi Mark,

Thanks so much for your quick response! Unfortunately, that didn't help. I was reading somewhere that it might be because of my audio format? It was an mp3 that had 44.1KHz - when I converted it to 48K and I relaid it in, it was there. Not sure if it will go silent down the line, but could that be the problem? Different rates? But I thought FCP can use different rates?

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Feb 20, 2014 at 12:27:24 am

Well, FCP7 doesn't like it when you do...

Did you maybey pan the audio to just one channel, or create a phase-cancellation issue? When you double-click on the audio file, does the waveform come up and what do the controls above it read?

Return to posts index

William Carr
on Feb 20, 2014 at 11:52:14 pm

48K 16 is best for smoother use. Also delete all your audio renders for that sequence using Tools>Render Manager and then see if it plays properly. Then render all your audio. After that you can also do a Render Only>Mixdown to play back without hitches.
But if you are continuing to edit that sequence you will occasionally have to flush out the rendered audio bits piling up, as above.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]