FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to choose online codec for a project filmed in XDCAM EX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Tyas
How to choose online codec for a project filmed in XDCAM EX
on Feb 18, 2014 at 8:46:38 pm

I'm working on a project with footage from an XDCAM EX1, shoot 35 MB VBR which is the highest setting. I use Calibrated{Q} to edit natively with mp4 in the timeline and I'm ready to online. But I don't know if I'm already considered online, or if I need to pick a different codec.

My dilemma is that the ProRes options start at 50 MB minimum for Proxy. I know that increasing the bit rate beyond that which the footage was shot in does not yield better footage, unless I'm wrong about that, in which case please tell me. Do I need to online at a higher format if the maximum bit rate is well below Proxy?

My project contains only XDCAM EX footage, some slates with text also formatted for XDCAM EX, and I edit natively in XDCAM EX, what codec would you use to online the project? Is XDCAM good enough since increasing bit rate will not yield better footage or am I missing something?

Sidenote: this project is only going onto youtube in HD and to DVD, but I have others that are going to bluray disc and potentially broadcast using all footage from XDCAM EX1. Any thoughts on different strategies would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]