FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 - Compressor to put on Thumb Drive

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Berch
FCP 7 - Compressor to put on Thumb Drive
on Feb 17, 2014 at 3:37:16 pm

Hi,

OK, so I am working with FCP 7 and Compressor 3.5.3 (all part of FCP Studio 3).

I have a Smart TV that has USB ports on the side of it.

When I upgraded to Mavericks, my Adobe Encore is not opening up (All other Adobe products work fine). I burned Blu-Ray DVD's on them. That is what I prefer to do.

Now, since I can't burn Blu-Rays with Encore, I want to start to use Thumb Drives and SD Cards to put my finished projects on so I can put them in my TV and play them off the Thumb Drive or SD Card.

I have this 2 hour wedding in FCP 7, that was shot, imported and edited in HDV 1080i. I want to export it in HD and put it on a Thumb Drive so I can play it on my TV.

How can I make a High Def H.264 file from FCP using Compressor? Once I do this, do I just transfer that file to a Thumb Drive, bring it to my TV and press play? Will the video run smooth with no stuttering or anything like that?

How big of a Thumb Drive would I need to hold this file?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Bill Celnick
Re: FCP 7 - Compressor to put on Thumb Drive
on Feb 17, 2014 at 4:40:38 pm

I've created my Smart TV thumb drive video's not with Compressor, but with Adobe Media Encoder - which I presume you have since you have Encore.

After editing in FCP 7, I export a QuickTime move -I have done it in HDV at times, then bring that into AME. using the preset for h.264 HDTV 720P 29.97

For my purposes, AME is usually much faster than Compressor.

Return to posts index

Adam Berch
on Feb 17, 2014 at 4:58:40 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the info. That seems like a good plan.

What about chapters? After I export it as a QT file, can I import it into Premiere, Add chapter markers to it, then bring it to Adobe Media Encoder and make it an h.264 HDTV 720P 29.97? Will it keep the chapters after I put it on a thumb drive?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Bill Celnick
on Feb 17, 2014 at 5:01:49 pm

I have not tried to incorporate chapters into these projects - never saw the need, but I'm guessing that AME would not recognize an FCP marker.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]