FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Managing - Errors and File Name Changes

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ian W. Arsenault
Media Managing - Errors and File Name Changes
on Feb 16, 2014 at 7:43:28 pm

I was doing some testing yesterday to get prep ready to send out for color grading and I experienced a couple things that threw up red flags that I thought it'd be a good idea to ask about.

I'm working in FCP7 7.0.3 on a 3.4 GHz i7 iMac with 16 GB ram running 10.9.1. The project I'm working on is a feature length documentary.

I asked the media manager to copy the media used in the timeline with 1 second heads and tails and to place said media into a new project.

1) There were a handful of files that returned errors during the process. I kept track of these and saw that in the new media folder that the media manager created a sort of placeholder with the filename plus "-v" at the end of it. I'm assuming that manually copying the trouble files over into the new media folder and relinking the media will be an adequate fix for this part. True/False?

2) Once in the new media folder, I saw that there were a lot more than just the reported files that had the "-v" added to the end of the file names. In trying to see why this was, it looked to me like it was doing this to files that contained no audio. Which makes sense, since all the files it had trouble copying were either GFX or flame fixes that had no audio in the first place.

Regarding the "-v" added to the file names: Is there any reason I should remove those from the file names or should just leave them as is? Reason I'm concerned about this is that I'll be giving the color house a reference movie with BITC and heard that burning in the clip names would be a helpful as well and this means the file name is no longer what the clip name is.

Let me know what you guys and gals think.

Thanks,
Ian

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]