FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems reconnecting media

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jan Gassmann
Problems reconnecting media
on Feb 14, 2014 at 4:07:23 pm

Dear friends
I started editing with my 5D Material in ProRes 444 and synced it with my external soundfiles. Then I realized that editing in ProRes Proxy might be better in performance. After I downsized all the files and reconnected them I encountered a weird problem.

If I doubleclick a file from the browser it says, that there s not enough memory. So I canßt open any files. In my timeline though the files work and I can watch my current edit. If I ßm trying to drag down a file from the browser to the timeline it first shows 6 audiotracks, but then only two are put in the timeline. I guess it is a problem between sound and image. The videofiles I exported with MpegStreamclip are Stereo Channels, the ones from log and caputre in ProRes444 are 2 Mono Channels. The sounddevice file is 4 Monochannels. So I don t know what to do, am I forced to continue editing in 444? Soundsource from 5D is 16Bit 48 000 KHZ, Sounddevice 24bit, 48000 Editing on a iMac 21 with 4GB RAM, never had any issues with that editingsuite.

Thanks for your help!

Jan

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: Problems reconnecting media
on Feb 17, 2014 at 9:44:45 am

i wonder if your browser files actually reconnected, or are they still 4444?

"If I ßm trying to drag down a file from the browser to the timeline it first shows 6 audiotracks, but then only two are put in the timeline."

how many tracks in your timeline?
how many of your timeline tracks are targeted?

a simpler approach may have been to use FCP's media manager to simply recompress your project's media.
not too late for that.

nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]