FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems reconnecting media

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jan Gassmann
Problems reconnecting media
on Feb 14, 2014 at 4:07:23 pm

Dear friends
I started editing with my 5D Material in ProRes 444 and synced it with my external soundfiles. Then I realized that editing in ProRes Proxy might be better in performance. After I downsized all the files and reconnected them I encountered a weird problem.

If I doubleclick a file from the browser it says, that there s not enough memory. So I canßt open any files. In my timeline though the files work and I can watch my current edit. If I ßm trying to drag down a file from the browser to the timeline it first shows 6 audiotracks, but then only two are put in the timeline. I guess it is a problem between sound and image. The videofiles I exported with MpegStreamclip are Stereo Channels, the ones from log and caputre in ProRes444 are 2 Mono Channels. The sounddevice file is 4 Monochannels. So I don t know what to do, am I forced to continue editing in 444? Soundsource from 5D is 16Bit 48 000 KHZ, Sounddevice 24bit, 48000 Editing on a iMac 21 with 4GB RAM, never had any issues with that editingsuite.

Thanks for your help!

Jan

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Problems reconnecting media
on Feb 14, 2014 at 7:00:53 pm

You might actually be running out of memory. You only have 4GB RAM. FCP all by itself can use 4GB, the OS needs RAM, and so do any other applications that are open.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: Problems reconnecting media
on Feb 17, 2014 at 9:44:45 am

i wonder if your browser files actually reconnected, or are they still 4444?

"If I ßm trying to drag down a file from the browser to the timeline it first shows 6 audiotracks, but then only two are put in the timeline."

how many tracks in your timeline?
how many of your timeline tracks are targeted?

a simpler approach may have been to use FCP's media manager to simply recompress your project's media.
not too late for that.

nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]