FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting reference movie not working

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Jones
Exporting reference movie not working
on Feb 14, 2014 at 3:59:37 pm

I am having the exact same issue as this person did and it looks like he never found a solution:
http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/8/1168672

When I go to export a reference movie, FCP makes it a self contained movie. This has been going on for about two months now. I have tried deleting my preferences (which amazingly in all my 15 years of editing in FCP has never worked to fix ANYTHING every time I have tried it). I have no idea why FCP refuses to make a reference movie. Unfortunately, I have a deadline and have to output about 2-3 hours total of sequences today.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Exporting reference movie not working
on Feb 14, 2014 at 5:08:27 pm

If your sequence isn't rendered when you export this reference movie, FCP will render, and the RENDER files will be in the exported movie. Thus you need to render first, then export.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Ken Jones
Re: Exporting reference movie not working
on Feb 14, 2014 at 5:20:14 pm

Thanks for the reply Shane. I am familiar with rendering before exporting. Everything is rendered. The only parts that required rendering were the two or three titles in each sequence. There are no green (or other color) lines above the sequence. It is a ProRes 422 sequence. An eight minute sequence is taking about eight minutes to create a mov file of about 4 gigabytes. That is not the size of a reference movie. I know how to make reference movies and have been doing it since FCP came out in 1998. This is a weird problem that I cannot get to go away. I had to edit this project in FCP7 since the producer I am doing it for has not made the switch to Premiere yet. I am thinking about exporting and reopening in Premiere to see if that saves some time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]