FORUMS: list search recent posts

Purchase/Download FCP 7.0.3

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Schwartz
Purchase/Download FCP 7.0.3
on Feb 12, 2014 at 5:39:59 pm

Hi -- I was using FCP 7.0.3 on an old Mac.
I don't have the original registration info to download onto new Mac.

Is there a way to purchase/download the program without buying the Studio suite?

Thanks much.
Tim

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Purchase/Download FCP 7.0.3
on Feb 12, 2014 at 5:51:16 pm

Nope. FCP 7 only came with Final Cut Studio 3. It isn't downloadable. You'll have to look for it for sale on eBAY or Craigslist. Nearly 3 years gone now...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Feb 12, 2014 at 9:36:58 pm

[Shane Ross] " You'll have to look for it for sale on eBAY or Craigslist. Nearly 3 years gone now..."

Looking back on things now.... Apple may have actually done a lot of us a financial favour of some kind.

True, I did buy Symphony and Media Composer (but at sharply reduced prices), and did pick up the Adobe Creative Suite, but it was almost completely because I wanted Encore for BluRay authoring... Still have no clue what I would do with Premiere. Never opened it. Adobe's Media Encoder was an unexpected bonus.

But, also haven't purchased a lot of software.. certainly not Apple... almost 3 years, as you say, and... what was all that frantic purchasing all about anyway, for the odd incremental feature bump?

Oddly, still able to edit video. Go figure... Apple's real accomplishment might be that they simply succeeded in removing their hand from my pocket. Stopped buying MacPros... don't need their OS upgrades... (probably better to avoid, other than to persuade the old MacPro to see the nVidia Titan for Resolve, but...) otherwise? Meh.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 13, 2014 at 1:17:14 am

Yeah, but now Adobe has their hand in your pockets...and it will stay there as long you continue to use their products. Their hand never goes away (subscription service).

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Tim Schwartz
on Feb 13, 2014 at 4:31:55 pm

Thanks for your replies. I don't see 7.0.3 in their online store.
Do I have to call them? Did you have to purchase as part of full Studio Package. The first time I bought it, it came separately.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 13, 2014 at 4:56:54 pm

Apple no longer sells Final Cut Studio 3, which contains FCP 7. They discontinued it nearly 3 years ago. You can only buy it used...

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Robert Withers
on Feb 14, 2014 at 2:21:44 am

If you buy a 7.0.1 via ebay or other, you can then do the upgrade to 7.0.3 via Apple for no additional cost.

Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

Robert Withers
on Feb 13, 2014 at 3:28:55 pm

I acquired a FCP 7.0.1 (you can find them on ebay) and was able to download/update to 7.0.3 through Apple.
Robert

Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]