FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio issues between FCP and Quicktime

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Waldock
Audio issues between FCP and Quicktime
on Feb 12, 2014 at 3:50:48 pm

Hi there,

I've got some footage shot on the C300 converted through FCP Log and Transfer. The audio was recorded through the 'mic' (not XLR) input of the camera to a live audio feed. When I listen to the footage in Quicktime, the audio is fine. When I play it through FCP (or Premiere for that matter) the audio is distant and crackly, as if the cable was loose. Any ideas of how to solve this? I've emptied the Audio Render files and restarted the machine.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Audio issues between FCP and Quicktime
on Feb 12, 2014 at 4:53:30 pm

There might be something that is called "phasing" happening, where stereo audio seems to cancel itself out. Pan both channels to center, or mute one track.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Simon Waldock
on Feb 12, 2014 at 5:46:31 pm

Hi,

Both were automatically panned to the centre already.

Thanks
Simon

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Feb 12, 2014 at 10:14:27 pm

If they are out of phase centering them will cause the problem. Listen to just one track and if it's fine the channels are out of phase. You can pick left or right amd use just that track. If you need more gain, you can copy the file and paste the copy in the other track.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.8.4, QT10.1, Kona 3, Dual Cinema 23, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)
FCP-X 10.0.9, Motion 5.0.7, Compressor 4.0.7

Pro Tools HD 10 w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec DSP Monitors, Prima CDQ120 ISDN

Return to posts index

Simon Waldock
on Feb 12, 2014 at 11:08:31 pm

Thanks for the comments. I have listened to the tracks separately and they are both the same as each other. It's not an issue of the sound being too quiet, it has decent volume but is crackled and unusable. I would assume it was a problem with my cable, but the fact that it works fine in Quicktime makes me wonder. I have restarted the machine and tried on different machines and it is the same on both, so I'm very confused.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Feb 13, 2014 at 12:15:22 am

Sample rates differences could cause this behavior especially of FCP is doing sample rate conversion on the fly. Check the sample rate of your file & the sample rate in your seq settings. They should be the same. Also, if you're using an IO such as an AJA that has a ref video in, if there's a problem with the ref ( or lack of it) that can cause snaps & crackles.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.8.4, QT10.1, Kona 3, Dual Cinema 23, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)
FCP-X 10.0.9, Motion 5.0.7, Compressor 4.0.7

Pro Tools HD 10 w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec DSP Monitors, Prima CDQ120 ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]