FORUMS: list search recent posts

photoshop file squeezed when imported into fcp7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ley Wilson
photoshop file squeezed when imported into fcp7
on Feb 10, 2014 at 9:12:01 pm

I was given a client .eps file with their logo that needs to cut into my FCP sequence. When I open in photoshop and save it to use in FCP it comes into FCP squeezed (as a sequence of course). All on a MAC.

When my buddy does the same for me in PS but on a PC, it does NOT come in squeezed, but also not as a sequence (no separate layers).

My sequence is square pixels and I make sure the PS file is saved that way as well. This is not a full screen graphic and has an odd pixel ratio because it just is what it is; 419 x 226. Of course I constrain proportions when I save it.

As a test, if I drop it into AE and render it out, it works fine in FCP. Its not squeezed and does output with a matte, and keys no problem.

I have been all over the internet, I see people talking about squeezed graphics but all the answers cover checking whether its NTSC 720 or 1080, or 19 whatever. but this is a size I cant use math to correct. (Yes, I know that made no sense)

I have imported it 6 ways from Sunday to try and get it to work, but alas, it's always stretched. I even brought it in tiny just in case it was squeezing to fit the screen, to no avail.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]