FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDV Files all of a sudden not working

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christina May
HDV Files all of a sudden not working
on Feb 6, 2014 at 5:04:23 pm

Hi There,
I am having trouble digitizing and viewing HDV files on my Mac Quad Tower. I am currently running OS 10.6.8 and FCP 7.0.3. I have digitized from my camera (a Sony z5u) a million times and I am just now having this issue. I can't even view files that I previously digitized perfectly fine on this computer and have already edited. Quicktime plays the audio but the video is black and FCP plays the audio but shows a dark green screen.

I am thinking something went wrong during an upgrade becasue I can actually still digitize and view HDV files using my laptop. The laptop is running Quicktime 10.0 (128) and FCP 7.0

So far I have tried to downgrade my Quicktime using Pacifist from 10.0 (131) to 7.3.1 but that doesn't seem to fix the problem. Has anyone else had this issue? I would really appreciate any advice you can give. Thank you!

Return to posts index

jerry wise
Re: HDV Files all of a sudden not working
on Feb 6, 2014 at 8:47:48 pm

I had a similar problem. I, in error downloaded quicktime 10. after that nothing worked properly. I couldn't even open Final Cut 7. it was a disaster. lucky for me I had made a clone of the hard drive a year earlier. I wiped the hard drive and installed the clone and all is back to normal. quicktime 10 was the culprit.

Return to posts index

Christina May
Re: HDV Files all of a sudden not working
on Feb 6, 2014 at 9:43:32 pm

Thanks for the response. I wish I did that! I actually just tried to downgrade my quicktime to 7 using Pacifist using these instructions:

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/blog/post/using_pacifist_to_downgrade_quick...

now I seemed to have screwed up my quicktime. It won't even play HD files now. Though FCP still will. Yikes. Any ideas on how to restore my quicktime will also be appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]