FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Playback Not Working in FC7/Best Way To Import Youtube MP4's to FC7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ted Abeyta
Video Playback Not Working in FC7/Best Way To Import Youtube MP4's to FC7
on Feb 5, 2014 at 9:27:31 pm

I have a project that involves using footage found on youtube. I capture them using Keepvid and turn them into MP4's. So, they are all different sizes and frame rates. I compressed them into Apple ProRes 422's and imported them to FC7.

MY PROBLEM: playback with these videos on the canvas or on the timeline does not work. I can hear the audio and I can scrub through the video fine, but when I press play I just get a still image.

For those who might think this is a sequence setting problem, the sequence is set to 480 x 360 at 29.97 fps. Now, I understand why there might be an issue with the videos I have that do not match those settings. However, some of the videos do have those settings (480 x 360 at 29.97 fps) and they still experience the same problem as well (playback is still).

I have read some solutions other suggested (selecting Image or Image+Wireframe and RGB or RGB+Alpha from the drop down menu on the canvas), but they did not work.

Does anyone have more ideas? Thank you for reading!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Video Playback Not Working in FC7/Best Way To Import Youtube MP4's to FC7
on Feb 6, 2014 at 1:15:11 am

[Ted Abeyta] "For those who might think this is a sequence setting problem, the sequence is set to 480 x 360 at 29.97 fps."

That's the problem. FCP doesn't work with that size. FCP is a broadcast editor...it works with broadcast frame sizes and frame rates. Lowest it goes is 720x480. You need to convert to that size, and an FCP codec...or use another NLE to edit the footage. Premiere Pro is known for working with just about anything.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]