FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor 4.1 ! Missing File

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derek Tow
Compressor 4.1 ! Missing File
on Feb 4, 2014 at 7:38:28 pm
Last Edited By Derek Tow on Feb 4, 2014 at 7:52:00 pm

Hi all. I don't see a Compressor forum so here I am.

I have a project finished in FCPX - I have no errors or missing file messages. When I send it to Compressor, the opening logo and ending logo show up in preview but the entire video between them is not. I am getting the ! Missing File red screen.

I have tried uninstalling Compressor 4.1 using AppCleaner and re-installing. Same result.

Any ideas??

Return to posts index

Derek Tow
Re: Compressor 4.1 ! Missing File
on Feb 5, 2014 at 12:33:08 am

I've figured it out. When I imported, I kept the original clip on an external hard drive and had FCPX import and create a proxy but not copy the original media.

When I go to export, Compressor is looking for the original media which I didn't have connected. Connected it and everything looks great.

That was my mistake but it would help if FCPX warned me like 10.0 versions did that linked files are missing. At least I don't see any warnings.

Return to posts index

Moe Ashkar
Re: Compressor 4.1 ! Missing File
on Oct 31, 2014 at 2:09:58 am

I know this may sound like a stupid question, but how did you connect it, Im having the same issue, I don't get why because when i import i select for it to copy into library and all my original media is on the same drive, I can't figure out how to re link media that seems to already be connected. Honest to god I cannot stand this Final Cut X, they ruined it, they are trying too hard to make it more like iMovie and its pissing me off. everything is so much more difficult even after working with FinalCut for the past 10 years i feel like a person that has never seen the software in my life.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]