FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem Importing Video With 32 khz/12 Bit Audio

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bobby Hall
Problem Importing Video With 32 khz/12 Bit Audio
on Jan 31, 2014 at 2:23:19 pm

I'm trying to import footage in FCP7 from Hi-8 tapes recorded with an old Sony DCR-TRV 330 camcorder. The audio was recorded at 12 bits. When I imported a clip, the audio did not slowly drift out of sync like other people have reported, but it rapidly cut in and out. I went into audio/video settings and changed the capture preset to DV NTSC 32 KHz. Since the audio format listed it as 16 bit, I went into A/V devices and changed the bit rate to 12. I thought this would fix the problem but the audio being captured still rapidly cuts in and out. It plays fine in my camcorder, so I'm not sure why I'm still having this problem. Can anyone give any help? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Problem Importing Video With 32 khz/12 Bit Audio
on Jan 31, 2014 at 10:13:43 pm

We can't say anything deefinitive without additional information, but you COULD export the clips in an app like MPEG streamclip and change them to ProRes 422 with proper audio for FCP.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Bobby Hall
on Jan 31, 2014 at 10:45:47 pm

What other information should I provide?
And how do I export them in MPEG streamclip if I can't even capture them properly in the first place?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 1, 2014 at 1:27:17 am

You use MPEG Streamclip to TRANSCODE the clips to something FCP likes.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Bobby Hall
on Feb 1, 2014 at 2:18:13 am

But the audio of the clips is already damaged after importing. It cuts in and out rapidly.

Return to posts index

Bill Celnick
on Feb 1, 2014 at 10:27:12 pm

I would double check if the audio was good on the source tape by using your source deck as a vcr and outputting to a monitor. If it was good then I might try to just record the audio via analog out to a digital recorder and import from that.

Good luck.

Return to posts index

Bobby Hall
on Feb 2, 2014 at 12:43:49 pm

Thanks Bill. It does play fine connected to a VCR. I guess the only option is to convert it from analog to digital as you suggested. After doing some research, I will probably buy the Canopus ADVC-110.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]