FORUMS: list search recent posts

mpeg stream clip alternatives / or mxf transcode app

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mike calla
mpeg stream clip alternatives / or mxf transcode app
on Jan 31, 2014 at 4:05:02 am

Hi all,
On OSX 10.9.1 tried to install mpeg streamclip but having difficulties!

Wondering if there any freeware or paid apps that can transcode mxf files that are NOT in their original P2 folder structure? These are native canon C300 files that have been taken off the card, out of the folders.

Anyone have an app they use to transcode mxf files ,with no P2 folder structure?

Cheers

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: mpeg stream clip alternatives / or mxf transcode app
on Jan 31, 2014 at 6:12:13 am

First off, P2 is a Panasonic format...not Canon. P2 is DVCPRO HD or AVCIntra. C300 shoots XDCAM 422 to MXF.

Second...shoot the person who didn't keep the full card structure. That's a death penalty offense. :)

Third...your options for reading MXF natively, and converting are:

MXF4Mac - http://hamburgpromedia.com/products/mxf4mac/mxf-for-mac.php
Calibrated - http://www.calibratedsoftware.com/MXFImport_Mac.asp

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

mike calla
on Feb 1, 2014 at 1:49:48 am

First off, thanks Shane, much obliged!

Second...yaaaa, my bad, I know the folder structures aren't the same, I wrote the post hastily while mobile. Thanks for clarifying it though as not to confuse the issue for future readers. I originally wrote the post in the "Apple OS" forum (I'm a PC user), and after nobody answered I reposted here. I'll go back there and link here to your answer.

Third, I'm the person who didn't keep the full card structure:-) I'm the videographer and also the editor. Months into post on full length doc, needed to send files to the host/writer a continent away & thought I'd save a day of rendering by dumping all my native c300 files to a portable hdd, I didn't even think that he wouldn't be able to open them in the QuickTime player without issue (cuz you know, they're only mpeg files from a one of the most widely used broadcast cameras in recent memory hehe )

Lastly, Shane, I love your written blog, but why no more The Edit Bay? Great podcast Shane that's too few and far between between updates!

Cheers!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 1, 2014 at 1:58:07 am

I need to get back to blogging and THE EDIT BAY. I've been away from blogging, as I have been at a company for a little over a year, and have signed an NDA that forbids me from discussing workflow and process of editing. I did a couple, but need more.

I've slacked on the Edit Bay because I lacked sponsors. When I don't have a sponsor and therefor and obigation, I tend to let things slide. I'm still looking....

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

mike calla
on Feb 1, 2014 at 3:09:16 am

Hope you find sponsors, I genuinely look forward to your posts and podcasts! & very interesting about the NDA! Weird!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]